Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Los Banos

Yep, means the bathrooms in Spanish, but it's a town in California, a rural ass town off highway 5 a couple hours outside of the Bay and light years from Los Angeles.
Tucked away in the Bathrooms is an absolutely incredible Frank Lloyd Wright...

Bombing down a dirt road in between a dairy and what might have been an almond farm, a couple of palm trees can be seen and a flat roof. My heart skipped a little, I was going to see my first FLW!, and it was an open house... that means looking in the closets and everything! I wish I could have brought everyone I know to see it, amazing, totally worth the 4 hours round trip, I made with my Mom.
The formal living room had a fireplace inside that a full grown man could stand upright in, and the most exceptional copper detailing's, triangles were a theme throughout, cut into the ceiling with light bulbs inside, even in the cement floors. You can see cement floors everywhere now, but when Frank was doing it, that was cutting edge. Not just windows follow the entire home on both sides but one entire side of the building is just connected glass doors, you can open the entire house up to the outside. Mind Blowing. Really.

Below are some photos we took that day, both Mom and I are armature photographers, but we were so flabbergasted by the house, this is the best we could do. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment